Adult Services- Business Communication Matters
The Accent Management Program
Speakers who need to change their accent patterns to improve their business or social effectiveness.
Purpose of the Program:
To identify and target specific speech behaviors which will help your listener:
- Understand your speech
- Respond to your message
- Complete a communication needs interview and speech assessment,
- Identify speech patterns which detract from your message,
- Learn techniques to modify those patterns in your target situations,
- Train yourself to utilize new speech patterns in more challenging situations.
- Program blocks: Evaluation + 10 sessions
- You will practice your new accent patterns face-to-face with our communication specialist
- You will track your progress in targeted speaking situations
- Instructor and self assessment each session
- Assignments & exercises to take home
- U.S.Foods • Allstate Insurance
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission • Chicago Youth Centers
- Communispond • Emerson Motor Company
- Abbott Labs • Motorola
- Wrigley Co. • Crown Imports
- Discover Financial • HSBC International
- Franciscan House • Divine Word Theology
Our staff is proud of their experience in voice issues, affecting work or performance. We work closely with referring Ear, Nose and Throat doctors who have come to know and trust the effectiveness and client satisfaction with our approach.
Dr. Lybolt is a member of the American Speech/Language Hearing Association Speech Interest Group for Voice Disorders and is a contributor to their website. Our direct approach, using electronic equipment and efficient techniques helps most clients note positive change after no more than 3 to 4 sessions.
Myofunctional (Tongue Thrust) Issues
Orthodontists often refer some clients as part of their treatment process. Some clients push their tongue against or between their incisors when they swallow. When this swallowing pattern continues after completion of dental arch realignment, your orthodontist may determine that the tongue pressure will force teeth out of their new alignment. Our Myofunctional treatment includes an initial assessment to determine the extent of the problem and suitability/timing for treatment. The treatment process lasts from 8 to 10 weekly sessions (depending on the consistency of client practice between visits). After the final session, follow-up visits are scheduled from one to three months apart to ensure continuity.
GLSpeech staff has extensive experience with stuttering. Dr. Lybolt is a Stuttering/Fluency Specialist certified by the American Speech/Language Association, a certification achieved by extensive clinical practice, teaching experience, research and continued education. He is a SpeechEasy device consultant for those clients who experience effective stuttering relief during their evaluation.